Thetford's Fresh Water Tank Sanitizer is an easy-to-use 2-part system designed for cleaning and sanitizing fresh water tanks and plumbing on RVs, trailers, campers, boats, water coolers, coolers, ice machines, refrigerators, ice chests, or any washable hard, non-porous surfaces.
Step 1: Clean with the detergent
- Empty the tank and add 1 ounce of concentrated detergent solution to the fresh water tank for every 4 gallons of tank capacity.
- Fill the tank with water and run the diluted detergent through each faucet, shower, and water outlet for 1 minute or more.
- Empty the tank and rinse the faucet lines and tank by running fresh water through them.
Step 2: Sanitize the water
- Shut off incoming water line and prepare a solution of 2 ounces of product per 8 gallons of water.
- Apply or circulate solution to wet all surfaces, allowing it a minimum contact of 60 seconds.
- Drain the solution and return to service by reopening incoming water lines.
The treatment is effective even in hard water and will not leave grit or soap scum. Not a drinking water additive.